Minggu, 22 Februari 2009

March Theme Day: Glass

At Bank Indonesia Museum, Jakarta, there're parts of the wall that are made of glasses with an artistic motifs. This picture shows some parts of the glasses. The motifs are accessories from Netherlands and Gods of Greece.

You may wonder why it has Holland's accessories motifs and even Dutch language on the wall. It's because the museum was built in 1912, when the Dutch still colonized in Indonesia. The history recorded that Dutch was colonized in Indonesia for 350 years.



8 komentar:

alice mengatakan...

A piece of history and a beautiful glass work, nice find! Have a good weekend.

angela mengatakan...

These are stunning designs. I thought at first it must be a church but I see it's a museum..

Susie of Arabia mengatakan...

That stained glass is very beautiful!
Here's my Theme Day post:
http://susieofarabia.wordpress.com/

Jane Hards Photography mengatakan...

It is so very beautidul and I too assumed it must be a church.

Hilda mengatakan...

I love stained glass windows and this is gorgeous! I also found it fascinating to learn that Indonesia was a Dutch colony for 350 years — the Philippines was a Spanish colony for 300. Beautiful choice for theme day!

Tara mengatakan...

Elegantly built, it's good that it has been preserved up to the present.

I just signed-in as a follower.

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com mengatakan...

this is very beautiful. nice choice for theme day

Nancy mengatakan...

I never knew this about the dutch. Blogging is sometimes a history lesson! I really love stained glass and hope to publish a book on it someday.

Best,

Nancy